What is the OSNMA Public Observation Test phase?
The OSNMA Public Observation Test Phase will allow any interested users to access the OSNMA Signal In Space (SIS) and related products for testing purposes. The target users are receiver manufacturers, application developers, members of research institutions, or similar. We will consider users' feedback for future OSNMA service phases.
Since 3 August 2023, the scope of the OSNMA Public Observation Test phase has evolved as follows:
- Change in the applicable OSNMA SIS ICD and Receiver guidelines. This implies a change in the format of the broadcast SIS as per OSNMA SIS ICD.
- Evolution of the Internet Data Distribution (IDD) Interface for the provision of cryptographic material. The interface provides digital certificates for the OSNMA cryptographic material and new access through SFTP complementing the web portal access.
The following material available on the GSC web portal will be applicable to process the SIS:
- The Galileo OSNMA SIS ICD provides the description of the Galileo I/NAV page layout and the Galileo OSNMA messages.
- Galileo OSNMA Receiver Guidelines provides instructions for the user segment implementation of the OSNMA functionality, including requirements, interfaces, and steps to be followed in order to verify the authenticity of the Galileo navigation message.
- The Galileo OSNMA Internet Data Distribution ICD describes how a user can retrieve the OSNMA cryptographic material and associated certificates.
- OSNMA Info Note provides an overall OSNMA description for the Service provision phase, including high-level details about the keys' authentication process, the OSNMA receiver compatibility and the user interface. Target markets and applications are also included in the planned Service Roadmap.
- Service Notice #16 announces the change in the format of the broadcast SIS as per OSNMA SIS ICD.
- OSNMA products: the OSNMA cryptographic material needed to process the OSNMA SIS and verify the authenticity of the Galileo navigation message is accessible under the GSC products tab upon registration. Additionally, the OSNMA cryptographic material is accessible via the GSC SFTP server upon registration.
- Public key: cryptographic material for the verification of the root key of the TESLA chain provided within the Digital Signature Message (DSM-KROOT).
- Public key digital certificates: ensure the authenticity of the cryptographic material retrieved through the OSNMA IDD interface.
- Merkle Tree: cryptographic material for the verification of Public Keys provided within the Digital Signature Message (DSM-PKR).
In the frame of the registration, it will be possible to subscribe to receive OSNMA Live Test email notifications about relevant events. Users will be also able to subscribe to receive email notification every time a new Public key and/or Merkle Tree and/or digital certificates are published by selecting the notifications of interest in the OSNMA Public Observation registration form.
How can I participate in the OSNMA PO Test phase?
Any interested user may become an OSNMA Public Observation participant. If you wish to register, please request access below.