What is the OSNMA Public Observation Test phase?
The OSNMA Public Observation (PO) Test Phase will allow any interested users to access the OSNMA Signal In Space (SIS) and related products for testing purposes. The target users are receiver manufacturers, application developers, members of research institutions, or similar. We will consider users' feedback for future OSNMA service phases.
During this phase, the following material will be available on the GSC web portal:
- Galileo OSNMA User Interface Control Document (ICD) for the Test Phase that specifies the interface between the Galileo Space Segment and the Galileo User Segment. It also describes how the user can retrieve the OSNMA crypto material from the GSC web portal (refer to Annex D).
- Galileo OSNMA Receiver Guidelines for the Test Phase providing instructions for the user segment implementation of the OSNMA functionality, including requirements, interfaces, and steps to be followed in order to verify the authenticity of the Galileo navigation message.
- Technical presentation containing the OSNMA Typical Performance and foreseen changes to the Galileo OSNMA User Interface Control Document for Service provision phase.
- OSNMA Info Note, providing an overall OSNMA description for the Service provision phase, including high-level details about the keys' authentication process, the OSNMA receiver compatibility and the user interface. Target markets and applications are also included in the planned Service Roadmap.
- Service Notice #9 announcing the start of the OSNMA Public Observation.
- OSNMA products: the OSNMA crypto material needed to process the OSNMA SIS and verify the authenticity of the Galileo navigation message will be accessible under the GSC products tab only upon registration.
- Public key: crypto material for the verification of the root key of the TESLA chain provided within the Digital Signature Message (DSM-KROOT).
- Merkle Tree: crypto material for the verification of Public Keys provided within the Digital Signature Message (DSM-PKR).
In the frame of the registration, it will be possible to subscribe to receive OSNMA Live Test email notifications about events affecting the OSNMA SIS provision. Users will be also able to subscribe to receive email notification every time a new Public key and/or Merkle Tree are published on the GSC web portal by updating their user profile settings. After completing the registration to the OSNMA Public Observation Test Phase, please go to "My account"/"Subscriptions" and select the products you want to subscribe to receive email notifications.
How can I participate in the OSNMA PO Test phase?
Any interested user may become an OSNMA Public Observation participant. If you wish to register, please request access below.