The European GNSS Agency (GSA), the European Commission and the European Union accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this site.
The GSA maintains this website to enhance public access to information about Galileo. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
This information is:
Of a mostly general nature and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
Not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
Often linked to external sites over which the GSA has no control and for which the GSA assumes no responsibility;
Not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that a document available online exactly reproduces an officially adopted text. Only European Union legislation published in paper editions of the Official Journal of the European Union is deemed authentic.
It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The GSA accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
Neither the GSA nor any person acting on its behalf accepts any responsibility in connection with the content of any linked external site. Linking should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind. The GSA cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Linking to the European GNSS Service Centre website for non-commercial and lawful purposes is authorised and free of charge.
This disclaimer is not intended to contravene any requirements laid down in applicable national law or to exclude liability for matters that may not be excluded under that law.
Except where otherwise stated, downloading and reproduction, for personal use or for further non-commercial or commercial dissemination, of documents or information available on the European GNSS Service Centre website are authorised subject to the condition that due acknowledgement is given as follows: ‘© European GNSS Agency’. (does not apply a different source is stated, e.g. ESA). Please also include a link back to this website: https://www.gsc-europa.eu.
The permission granted above does not extend to any textual or artistic material (drawings, photos, audio, video, etc.) on this site which is identified as being the copyright of a third-party. In these circumstances, authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained directly from the copyright holders.
All logos and trademarks are excluded from the above-mentioned general permission.
Privacy statement regarding protection of personal data in relation to the European GNSS Service Centre (GSC) web portal
All personal data are dealt with in compliance with Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data (Regulation (EC) 45/2001).
The following data protection information notice outlines the criteria by which the data are collected, managed and used in relation to the GSC web portal.
Identity of the controller:
Controller: Head of Galileo Exploitation Department
Purpose of processing:
GSC web portal registration; the purposes of the processing is the establishment of a database of registered users on the GSC web portal (“GSC internal user database”) in order to allow registered users to:
- access the GSC helpdesk service;
- subscribe to email notifications on (1) European GNSS related performances/activities (performance reports, updates of the European GNSS Programme documentation, Galileo User Satisfaction survey, invitation to European GNSS related events etc.) and (2) automatic notifications on Notice Advisory to Galileo Users (“NAGU”).
GSC helpdesk service; the purposes of the processing are:
- the management of queries submitted by registered users;
- the possibility to include tools in the “GNSS Simulation and Testing Tool Infrastructure” (GSTI).
- GSC web portal registration: sers submit the following data when registering to the GSC web portal through the registration form (https://www.gsc-europa.eu/user/register): username, email address and organisation;
GSC helpdesk service: only users already registered (i.e. having provided the data mentioned under the first bullet point above) may access the GSC helpdesk service. Registered users submit the following additional data when contacting the service through the contact form (https://www.gsc-europa.eu/contact-us/helpdesk):
- Mandatory data: market segments which are of interest to the data subjects (e.g. agriculture, aviation etc.), subject of the request, type of question (e.g. technical, market-related etc.);
- Optional data: policy areas of interest to the data subjects.
Subscription to email notifications concerning (1) European GNSS related performances/activities and (2) Notice Advisory to Galileo Users (“ NAGU” ): only users already registered (i.e. having provided the data mentioned under the first bullet point above) may subscribe to email notifications on European GNSS related performances/activities and automatic NAGU notifications by providing the following additional data:
- Mandatory data: markets segments which are of interest to the data subjects (e.g. agriculture, aviation etc.);
- Optional data: country, function, organisation, type of organisation (e.g. research institution, university etc.), type of business or sector, Galileo services which are of interest to the data subjects (e.g. Commercial Service, Open Service etc.).
Data subjects’ unambiguous consent when
- registering in the GSC web portal,
- contacting the helpdesk (only for registered users) and
- subscribing to email notifications on European GNSS related performances/activities and automatic NAGU notifications.
Recipients of the data processed:
Access to personal data is granted on the basis of the “need to know” principle to a limited number of:
- Staff of the GSA;
- Staff of GSA contractors in charge of:
- GSC operations;
- GSC web-portal infrastructure provision, maintenance and evolution;
- staff of GSA contractors providing web services for the GSA’s website www.gsc-europa.eu (such as website design, website hosting including cloud services etc.).
Any questions received pertaining to EGNOS or GPS could potentially be shared with the EGNOS service provider (ESSP) and the United States Navigation Centre (US-NAVCEN) respectively. In such a case, only the content of the question is shared without the transfer of any other personal data.
Any recipient shall be reminded of its obligation not to use the data received for other purposes than the one for which they were transmitted.
Lawfulness of processing:
The lawfulness of the processing is based on Article 5(d) of Regulation (EC) No 45/2001. The data subjects unambiguously give their consent to the processing of the personal data when (1) filling the online registration form, (2) filling in the helpdesk contact form and (3) subscribing to email notifications concerning (1) European GNSS related performances/activities and (2) Notice Advisory to Galileo Users (“NAGU”).
Information on the retention period and storage locations of personal data:
- Personal data are stored in the secured electronic database of the GSC within the servers of GSA contractors providing web services for the GSA’s website www.gsc-europa.eu, which are located in the EU and abiding by the necessary security provisions;
- Personal data may be stored in the local hard drives of a limited number of GSA staff on a “need to know” basis;
- Personal data may be stored in the servers of GSA contractors in charge of GSC operations and GSC web-portal infrastructure provision, maintenance and evolution, which are located in the EU and abiding by the necessary security provisions;
- Data is stored as long as required by the Financial Regulation and its Rules of Application for audit and discharge purposes: N+5 years from the end of the year of payment of the balance of the contract GSA/CD/14/14 plus an additional 2 years for discharge procedure of EU budget (= N+5+2);
- Users can unregister by sending an email to email@example.com. Personal data will be deleted once a user is no longer registered at the GSC web portal. Personal data collected will be also deleted if the GSC stops to provide its services.
The data subject’s rights:
- Data subjects have the right to withdraw the consent to the treatment of personal data at any time;
- Data subjects have the right of access and rectification of their personal data at any time. Requests shall be addressed to the Head of Galileo Exploitation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Data subjects are entitled to lodge an appeal at any time with the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) at email@example.com should they consider that the processing operations do not comply with Regulation (EC) No 45/2001.