The R&S SMBV100A includes 2 instruments in one: It is a GNSS simulator supporting GPS, Glonass and Galileo but also a general purpose vector signal generator supporting many different digital standards.
Key facts for the GNSS simulator:
- It supports all possible scenarios, from simple setups with individual, static satellites all the way to flexible scenarios generated in realtime with up to 12 dynamic GPS (C/A and P code), Glonass and Galileo satellites.
- Support of GPS L1/L2 (C/A and P code), Glonass L1/L2 and Galileo E1, including hybrid constellations.
- Simulation of realistic constellations with up to 12 satellites in realtime (no precalculated waveforms).
- Flexible scenario generation including moving scenarios (import of NMEA waypoints), multipath, dynamic power control and atmospheric modeling without the need for additional software tools - Unlimited simulation time with automatic, on-the-fly exchange of satellites.
- User mode for full flexibility to select the satellites and to define the navigation data (import of RINEX files)
- Support of predefined as well as user-defined A-GPS (Assisted GPS) test scenarios, including generation of assistance data.
- Support of digital communications standards (GSM, WCDMA, HSPA+, LTE, WiMAX™, WLAN, etc.) and radio standards (DAB, Sirius | XM Satellite Radio, HD RadioTM, FM stereo) in the same instrument.